It never ends

I feel like this blog has only been a rant of our bad luck. We hope that it is all over but then keep finding more and more bad luck.

For about a month, Laura has been experiencing chest pains randomly. Usually they will come at night and only last a few hours. On Monday, we came home from work and Laura was experiencing pain worse than ever. The pain lasted all night. We decided to take her into Good Samaritan Outpatient Center in Downers Grove. After explaining the pain the doctor told us she would like to do some tests to make sure it wasn't her heart or a blood clot in her lungs. The doctor proceeded to to an EKG, chest x-ray, blood work, urine work, and a CAT scan. The results all came back perfectly normal. This sounds like good news but is frustrating to hear that she is experiencing pain and we can't fix it. The doctor said the best guess is something called costochondritis. It is an inflammation of the ribs. They told her to take ibuprofen and rest. We have tried waiting and seeing if the pain goes away but the pain is still there and we aren't seeing any improvement. I have been stressing really bad about this and don't know what to do...

I want to take her back in but Laura says she's fine. If the pain gets worse I will take her in asap. But we can't afford to take her in for another ibuprofen diagnosis... We have no insurance and we will be getting the bill any day now. I'm sure it is going to be huge and just canceled our trip to the Netherlands. We can barely make it right now and with each event we are falling deeper and deeper into debt.

I'm sorry if this seems like complaining to anyone but it is all the truth. We are having a rough patch and I'm just telling it how it is. No sugar coating or anything. Like i said before we are survivors but we are really getting pushed to our limit. I just hope Laura's pain goes away. I will go into debt for the rest of my life as long as my wife is safe and healthy.

Dave

3 Response to "It never ends"

  1. Bri Jordan says:
    June 25, 2010 at 4:40 PM

    You are such a strong person David! I hope your wife starts to feel better or that at least you can find out what's been going on! Stay strong. We'll pray for you both!

  2. Deveryjane says:
    June 25, 2010 at 9:21 PM

    Dave- Did they check her gall bladder? I know that chest pains dont really make you think of your gall bladder but that sounds a lot like what happened to me. The pain was terrible... turns out I had gall stones. The first time it happened I thought I was having a heart attack. Each time it got worse. The only reason I got checked is bacause my mom had the same problem the year before. My doctor said he highly doubted it was gall stones because of how young I was. Turns out I had lots of stones. They might not have checked her for that because of her age.
    We love you Dave! Stay strong.

  3. Rachel Jensen says:
    June 26, 2010 at 9:35 AM

    Hey Dave, I'm sorry to hear about your collection of trials. My husband Curtis and I are selling pest control in Philadelphia this summer, and we've had a bunch of crap thrown our way too. Just yesterday, we got a vent fixed on our car so our air conditioning will work, and yesterday we got it back, and someone rear-ended Curtis and the entire bumper fell off the back. Anyway, what I'm trying to get at is I was reading last night Alma 36:3. And as obnoxious as I may sound right now, it really helped me last night and then I read your blog this morning and thought it may help you too... it says "For I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day." The thing that got me was it didn't say we would be delivered from our trials, but supported in our trials. Like your car trouble on the way to Chicago. You still had car trouble, but there were nice people along the way to help you. I guess it just made me feel like even though things get hard, I was never promised there would be no trials, I was just promised support. And when I look more closely, I see that I have been supported. Anyway, I hope things work out and that Laura gets feeling better. Good luck with everything....
    Rachel Boyer Jensen

Post a Comment